Country music can cure a heartbreak…or at least comfort you when you’re feeling down about a recent breakup. Listen to the top country breakup songs below so you don’t have to feel alone.
For those trying to let go of a past relationship, we asked country star, Madeline Merlo, to share her top 5 ways to get over a breakup. The top country breakup songs playlist & tips will have you putting down the Ben & Jerry’s in no time, trust us.
MADELINE MERLO’S 5 WAYS TO GET OVER A BREAKUP:
1. “Stop talking to them andlet the heartbreak hit you. The faster you let yourself feel the full extent of the pain, the faster you will feel better. Remember,it’s okay to not be okay.”
2. “Talk about it. Talk to the people you love and let it all out. That’s what friends are for! They will be the first to tell you to stop when you feel like going back.”
3. “Stop creeping their social media. If your daily routine is looking at their 2007 Mexico family vacation then they will always be on your mind. Resist the urge until you don’t want to anymore.”
4. “Do things that make you feel good about yourself. Go to the gym, get your hair done and spend time with positive people! Try not to stay in the post breakup slump for too long.”
5. “Be okay with being alone. I always find the minute I’m happy being single is when I meet someone awesome. Fall in love with yourself first.”
Listen to the Top Country Breakup Songs playlist below and follow us on Spotify for more.