Brothers Osborne Release Major Label Debut Album ‘Pawn Shop’
Nashville-based, 2015 CMA-nominated Vocal Duo and 2016 GRAMMY-nominated Country Duo, Brothers Osborne, release Pawn Shop on Friday January 15, 2016. They’ve been named as “Ones to Watch” by Rolling Stone, Billboard, Spotify, Paste, Country Weekly, Nashville Lifestyles, and now by Top Country.
Like its title suggests, Pawn Shop offers a little bit of everything. There’s bluesy slide guitar, country duets, southern rock solos, harmonies, and plenty of groove. The hooks are big, the guitars are loud, and the songs — every last one of them co-written by the Osbornes, who reached out to award-winning songwriters like Shane McAnally and Ross Copperman for help — introduce a duo whose music bridges the gap between the mainstream and the alternative world. Some songs were written at home in Nashville, while others came together on the road, where the guys spent several years headlining their own club shows, touring the country with Darius Rucker, and playing some of the biggest arenas in America with fellow rule-breaker Eric Church.
“Stay A Little Longer” has been climbing US radio charts for months, and recently broke into #4. They’re sure to get onto Canadian radio charts in 2016.
“It’s challenging to have an entire life’s work summed up in 11 songs so we really focused on having every track on this album held together by what John and I do,” TJ comments in a press release. “We want it to be different scenes on each track but to keep each one honest and from our perspective.”
Brothers Osborne, Pawn Shop Track Listing:
1. “Dirt Rich” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Barry Dean)
2. “21 Summer” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Craig Wiseman)
3. “Stay a Little Longer” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Shane McAnally)
4. “Pawn Shop” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Sean McConnell)
5. “Rum” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Barry Dean)
6. “Loving Me Back” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Casey Beathard)
7. “American Crazy” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Ross Copperman)
8. “Greener Pastures” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne, Ryan Hurd and Maren Morris)
9. “Down Home” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Jessi Alexander)
10. “Heart Shaped Locket” (TJ Osborne, Lisa Carver and Andi Zack)
11. “It Ain’t My Fault” (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Jessi Alexander)