Vic’s Grandma used to make these daily – they’re a heart attack on a baking sheet, but worth it!
1 cup Crisco shortening
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
12 oz chocolate chips
1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped up
(optional: a handfull of salted peanuts)
1. Mix the red items together until creamy
2. In a separate bowl, mix the blue items.
3. Mix the contents of both bowls together.
4. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Roll the dough into little balls the size of a ping pong ball. Lay them out onto a greased cookie sheet (spray the sheet with Pam).
6. If you’re adding the peanuts, press them into each cookie.
7. Squish each cookie somewhat flat with a fork, dipping the fork in a glass of water between cookies to prevent sticking.
8. Back at 350F for 8 to 10 minutes – watch out, they burn FAST!